Because I'd really just purely hate any of my neighbors to buy into the well-crafted carp the McCain people are trying to sell us about the man.
10 things you should know about
of . Now he says his position has "evolved,"
yet he's continued to oppose key laws.1 voted against establishing a national holiday in honor
According to Bloomberg News, McCain is more hawkish than Bush on ,
and . Conservative columnist says
McCain "will make Cheney look like Gandhi."2
3. His reputation is built on his opposition to torture, but McCain
voted against a bill to ban waterboarding, and then applauded for vetoing that ban.3
4. McCain opposes a woman's right to choose. He said, "I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned."4
5. The Children's Defense Fund rated McCain as the worst senator in
Congress for children. He voted against the children's health care bill last
year, then defended Bush's veto of the bill.5
6. He's one of the richest people in a Senate filled with millionaires.
reports he and his wife own at least eight homes!
Yet McCain says the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a "second job" and skip
7. Many of McCain's fellow Republican senators say he's too reckless to
be commander in chief. One Republican senator said: "The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine.
He's erratic. He's hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me."7
8. McCain talks a lot about taking on special interests, but his
campaign manager and top advisers are actually lobbyists. The
government watchdog group Public Citizen says McCain has 59 lobbyists
raising money for his campaign, more than any of the other presidential
9. McCain has sought closer ties to the extreme
years. The pastor McCain calls his "spiritual guide," Rod Parsley,
believes America's founding mission is to destroy Islam, which he calls
a "false religion." McCain sought the political support of right-wing preacher
John Hagee, who believes was God's punishment for gay
rights and called the "the Antichrist" and a "false
10. He positions himself as pro-environment, but he scored a 0—yes, zero—from the League of Conservation Voters
is not who the Washington press corps make him out to be. Please help get the word out—forward this
email to your personal network. And if you want us to keep you posted on MoveOn's work to get the truth out about ,
sign up here:
Thank you for all you do.
–Eli, Justin, Noah, Laura, and the MoveOn.org Political Action Team
Saturday, April 5th, 2008
1. "The Complicated History of and ," , April 3, 2008
2. "McCain More Hawkish Than Bush on
12, 2008, , ," Bloomberg News, March
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/06/buchanan-gandhi-mccain/ 'Will Make Cheney Look Like Gandhi,'" ThinkProgress, February 6, 2008
"McCain Sides With Bush On Torture Again, Supports Veto Of Anti-Waterboarding Bill," ThinkProgress, February 20,
4. "McCain says
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17222147/ should be overturned," , February 18, 2007
5. "2007 Children's Defense Fund Action Council� Nonpartisan Congressional Scorecard,"
"McCain: Bush right to veto
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/03/mccain.interview/ expansion," CNN, October 3, 2007
6. "Beer Executive Could Be Next First Lady,"
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h-S1sWHm0tchtdMP5LcLywg5ZtMgD8VQ86M80, April 3, 2008
"McCain Says Bank Bailout Should End `Systemic Risk,'" Bloomberg News, March 25, 2008
7. "Will McCain's Temper Be a Liability?,"
, February 16, 2008
"Famed McCain temper is tamed," January 27, 2008 ,
8. "Black Claims McCain's Campaign Is Above Lobbyist Influence: 'I Don't Know What The Criticism Is,'" ThinkProgress,
April 2, 2008
"McCain's Lobbyist Friends Rally 'Round Their Man,"
, January 29, 2008
9. "McCain's Spiritual Guide: Destroy Islam," Mother Jones Magazine,
March 12, 2008
"Will McCain Specifically 'Repudiate' Hagee's Anti-Gay Comments?," ThinkProgress, March 12, 2008
"McCain 'Very Honored' By Support Of Pastor Preaching 'End-Time Confrontation With
,'" ThinkProgress, February
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/environment/77913/ Gets a Zero Rating for His Environmental Record," , February 28, 2008
Oh, and if you don't care about all the political stuff, there's this too; son and grandson of U.S. Navy admirals, McCain graduated 894th out of 899 from his class in Annapolis.
Seriously, folks, don't we deserve better than this?
Haven't we had enough butt-stupid leadership in this country?
Sure, I favor Hillary, but if Obama wins the nomination I will soooo be there for him too.
After all, both the Democratic runners are people who got to where they are on brains, not legacy.
I really don't think we, as a nation, can afford the luxury of idiots on top any longer.