Four jobs I have had in my life:
1) reception in my Dad's office when I was a teenager. He was a GP, and it was an education in itself.
2) reading for a newspaper clipping service. In ancient, pre-computer times. Think of it as Googling in Bedrock.
3) typing budget tables in the university budget office – again, in pre-computer times. Huge, detailed charts with dozens of columns, all lined-up and spaced out tidily. Since no one could touch-type this kind of stuff anyway, it didn't matter so much that my typing skills were, to put it kindly, minimal. My supervisor was a sweetie, and I learned the rest of the stuff on the job.
4) teaching freshman reading and composition. Great fun.
Four movies I would watch over and over: (Only four? This is hard)
1) Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings (can I cheat or what?)
2) No Such Thing
3) Spinal Tap
4) The Godfather
Four places I have never gone, but want to:
Four songs on the cd player right now:
1) Into the Mystic – Van Morrison
2) The Beauty of the Rain – Dar Williams
3) So Unsexy -Alanis Morissette
4) You Don't Love Me Anymore – Weird Al
Four TV shows I love/like: (Still on? That's hard.)
2) Law and Order (less so the head-leaning guy who's annoyingly always an expert on whatever…)
3) The weird arts channel that plays half a day on cable. It's just clips of "arty" stuff, much of it really odd and old.
4) Good Eats, because he's sort of demented.
Four places I've been on vacation:
2) New York
4) Yuba River, near Nevada City
Four of my favorite foods are;
1) Chicken flautas at La Fiesta
2) Blenheim apricots from Frog Hollow Farm at the farmer's market
3) A large cup (in a cup, not paper) of Peet's Aged Sumatra coffee with a LOT of half and half. With pumpkin bread.
4) Perfectly grilled salmon, with lemon and garlic – not overdone, but not half raw either. With broccoli and rice.
Four places I would rather be right now:
1) In the ocean, somewhere that the water is warm.
2) New York, trying to see the rest of the Met.
3) Big Sur
4) Really, nowhere. That's why I'm here.
Four neighbors I would like to respond — TAG you're it: (This is hard, cos I know some people have already done this, and some people (TEHO!!) don't seem to respond to this kind of thing. But let's try.
1) Indy Bunny
2) Redzilla – or did you already do this? I scrolled back to check, and got as far as What Office Supply Are You, which distracted me. It claims I am a bulldog clip, which made me lose my place.